To commemorate this year’s Royal Wedding of Prince Harry to Meghan Markle on 19th May 2018, the Ideal Home Show is inviting amateur and professional bakers to enter the Royal Wedding Cake Competition being held at this year’s show.
The task is to create a wedding cake fit for the Royal Wedding and cakes will be on display throughout the 17 days of the Ideal Home Show for visitors to see.
We have now extended the deadline meaning you have an extra week to enter! The competition now closes on Friday 9th February.
The competition will be judged on the following aspects by some of the Cake industry's leading experts:
• Originality and creativity of design
• Overall visual impact
• Skills and execution of technique
• Interpretation of the theme
Final Selection Process
• Once the competition closes on the 9th February 2018, the judging panel will meet to select the finalists to be displayed at the show.
• The finalists will then be contacted and sent the Information Pack.
• 1 x Cake following the theme “A Royal Wedding Cake for Prince Harry and Meghan Markle”
• Internal supports and dummies are allowed.
• Any edible medium may be used and wires, tape, ribbon and stamen are allowed.
• There are no height restrictions.
• Cake must fit within a base area of 38cm x 38cm (15" x 15") square.
• Cakes are judged solely on the appearance and not taste.
Please note, this competition has now closed.