Tiles are a perfect go to if you wish to make a statement in the home; they can not only instantly provide the Wow factor using bold colours and intricate geometric shapes, but also stand the test of time – making it the perfect long term investment. Here, Louisa Swannell, Head of Creative Design for Walls and Floors Ltd, provides 10 home styling tips.
1. Go Dark: Don’t be afraid to take a darker hue onto the walls in smaller rooms, not only will it give a dramatic interior statement, but this will also do the opposite of what you expect and make a small room appear larger!
2. Beautiful Bathrooms: If you’re unsure how to decorate, try choosing a new set of White Tiles! Not only will this option provide a bright, fresh atmosphere, but also create a blank canvas for you to accessorise with your favourite colours as the seasons change!
3. Sparkle & Shine: Our eyes are drawn to all that glitters. Add accents of metallic shades through a mix of both accessories and surface textures to create an impressive visual impact!
4.Shaping it softly: Hexagon tiles will continue to have a strong presence in the interior design world; their stylish six sided shape provides a honeycomb effect giving a softer, more elegant appearance as opposed to square or rectangular tiles. Ideal for a back splash in a kitchen or bathroom.
5. Add Warming Textures: Drape fur throws and add cushions on furniture for an instant homely appearance to any room. It could easily make any space your new favourite to curl up in!
6.Subway Style: Metro tiles are always the number one choice for wall tiles; Try making them unique by choosing a contrasting charcoal grout; for the ultimate style statement combine with a herringbone layout!
7. A luxury finish: Unless you really lust after natural marble, create high shine and instant glamour with marble effect tiles - reap all the benefits of natural stone without the high maintenance or hefty pricetag.
8. Midas glow: Give your home this Midas touch and create a lavish, warming ambience with shimmering gold mosaics that will instantly transform your chosen room into a sanctuary worthy of royalty.
9. Sultry Slate: Want natural stone but don’t have the budget for marble or limestone? Think about Slate! It’s far less expensive but still gives a lavish look; combine with stylish ambient lighting to enhance and highlight natural surface textures and provide that sought after a sultry finish.
10. It is always worth the wait: It is essential to consider the balance between price, style and a time schedule. Remember: it’s not always possible to have these in equal amounts.
Walls and Floors Ltd encourage you to create a dream décor scheme for your home using tiles in 2019. Visit the kitchen and batroom roomsets at the show to speak to the UK's leading tile specialist!