At Ideal Home Show, we are committed to making a difference and delivering a more sustainable show. This year we have teamed up with Lynne Lambourne and her Warriors on Waste Movement and the Charity Plastic Oceans UK to make the event a showcase for change. Discover our initiatives below and join us on our sustainable journey:
Our latest initiatives
- Our venue (Olympia) now recycle 98% of all waste, together we are aiming for 99% in 2020
- All our event carpet is fully recycled
- Free water refill stations, located across our event brought to you by our Official Hydration Partner, Kinetico
- New Upcycling Stage - educating visitors how to re-purpose old household products
- The Future Living Home in partnership with The Campaign for a smarter Britain - focusing on a more sustainable style of building and living with tonnes of ideas that you can use throughout your home
- We now offer paperless ticketing
- We are limiting excess literature around the show
- Sustainability Talks - to educate visitors on simple life changes that make a big difference
- All event features and theatres are now re-used, nothing is single-use
- All plants used at the show go to a new home after our show
- Goody Bags are no longer given out at the show, reducing plastics and packaging consumption
- All plants used at the show will got to a variation of locations after the event.
- Sustainability Sunday - 5th April - all stages around the show will be hosting talks from interiors all the way to food waste. Lynne Lambourne will also be hosting sustainability panel talks on The Super Theatre, sponsored by NatWest.
- We have partnered with Plastic Oceans as our charity partner to advise us on how to be more sustainable as an event, as well as offering information to visitors.
- We have partnered with Lynne Lambourne's 'Warriors on Waste' to advise our exhibitors on how they can be more sustainable
- We have also partnered with City Harvest, who will be contacting our food exhibitors to ensure food does not go to waste and is taken to local homeless shelters at the end of each day.
Sustainability is a responsibility we all share. Let's embrace it together. Please watch this space as we develop even more sustainable initiatives.